Why join the Old Portlians cycling club?
- Ride with like-minded people
- Become a fitter, faster, stronger cyclist
- Lose weight (NB There is no guarantee that you will lose weight cycling – but it helps!)
- Learn how to ride safely in a group – you’ll go quicker!
- Explore beautiful scenery, discover new routes, places and cafes!
- Develop new skills
- Try different forms of cycling e.g. track, gravel, time trials, crits, racing, sportives, audax, Zwift
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Learn how to maintain your bicycle and get advice and guidance on all things cycling
- Enter competitions and win trophies
- Annual dinner and prize-giving party
- Regular social get-togethers, e.g. curry nights
- Join the committee and help run and shape your club
- And only £20 per year! (£10 in the first year if you join after 1 July). Family membership is £25 per year. Social membership is £10 per year. (Social membership is for 2nd claim riders, or members who don’t wish to cycle, or are unable to cycle).
How to join?
There are two ways to join:
- Try before you join. Turn up on one of our Saturday or Sunday rides – send us a message first - tag along and see what you think. You can ride with us a maximum of 3 times while you decide. If you like it and you can keep the pace, join up and ride with us whenever you fancy.
- Join up online by completing the below form, turn up and ride!
|Senior Membership||£20 per year||Download membership form|
|Family Membership||£25 per year|
|Junior/Second Claim (Social membership)||£10 per year|
Just fill in the appropriate form and email it to us.
When your online application form is completed, membership fees should be paid via bank transfer:
Account name: Old Portlians Cycling Club
Sort Code: 20-12-26
Please ensure that you reference your name in the transfer and inform us about the transfer.
Welcome to the Club!